Be the observer of thoughts – we are only ever one thought away from a better thought!
I learned a lot from speaking with Big Issue vendors, they are given an opportunity and they make a positive choice to be responsible and work towards getting a vest and helping self – I have a strong belief that the world does not owe anyone a living and that self respect, self sufficiency and success is something anyone can create, what ever the circumstances.
I enjoy the articles by Big Issue founder John Bird.
Life is what we make it – identity we create it. I choose Love & Smiles
Rose x ☆¨¯`♥ ¸.☆¨¯`♥ ¸.☆¨¯`♥
The Big Issue is a street newspaper founded by John Bird and Gordon Roddick in September 1991 and published in four continents. It is written by professional journalists and sold by homeless individuals.
‘We believe in a hand up – not a hand out.’ http://www.bigissue.com/
- If you woke up this morning with more health than illness…you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
- If you have NEVER experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation…you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
- If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death…you are more blessed than 3 billion people in the world.
- If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep…you are richer than 75% of this world.
- If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish someplace…you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
- If your parents are still alive and still married…you are very rare, even in the United States.
- If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful…you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
- If you can hold someone’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder…you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.
- If you can read this message, you just received double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
– Author Unknown